Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Getting to Know Me Wednesday - Christmas Confession

It’s confession time for this gal.

It is February 2nd and I still have not taken my Christmas decorations down.


That’s right. Not just my tree, but everything. My garland, my two mini-trees, my stockings, my advent calendar, my figurines, my little ceramic village and the cute little people, and other various little Christmasy crafts.




I’d like to say it’s because I have been so busy and haven’t had a chance. But I’ve had my share of lazy days in jammies that I could have been wrapping ornaments and packing stuff away instead of sitting in the lazy boy or napping on the love seat. No I don’t do this all the time. But that rare chance that I have to do these things, the last thing I want to do is put stuff away. Especially when that stuff makes my otherwise bare living room decorative. When we put everything away the living room looks so bare and lonely and uninviting. It’s so plain. Beige walls and an old couch that smells. Little piles of toys and stacks of books on the coffee table are all you see.

So as part of this confession I am making it my goal this year to spruce up the living room. (After I get it back to its boring state that is!) We already decided to wait a year to buy a couch. We are waiting until Lil’ Bro is completely potty trained and the dog is no longer with us. Granted that dog could probably live quite a while longer…but she likes to sneak on the couch at night. I’m not buying a new couch for that dog to sleep on. So until then I will continue to febreeze it on a daily basis. The couch is also Lil’ Bro favorite napping spot.  I don’t understand how he can sleep all night without wetting himself…but the boy takes a 1.5 hour nap and he pees all over the place. What’s up with that?

I remember when we first bought our house. I picked out what I thought was an awesome shade of dark beige. Yeah, not so much. Just beige. Boring beige. I plan on finding a bolder color, maybe a darker beige J, making some art/decorations for the walls and hanging more pictures.

No longer will I just settle for a boring living room. My kids are getting older. They are learning self control. Hopefully they are over coloring on the walls and jumping on the couch. Is that wishful thinking?

I’m thinking my colors will focus around brown/chocolate, beige of course and maybe a splash of turquoise or green. Our house was built in 1880 and still has the original woodwork. It’s dark too. So I have to work with that, because there is no way I am doing anything to that woodwork.

I already finished one small project. I keep thinking I will wait until it is completely complete to showcase it...but I might just have to snap a picture of it tonight and post it. Just to prove I was motivated to do something!

I was really hoping for an adult snow day today so I could sit in the lazy boy in my jammies take the tree down...but no such luck. I had to go to work.

Here's hoping that tree comes down this weekend!
And after reviewing the post that I actually started yesterday...let's hope I find a chance to wipe the fingerprints off the window and straighten the curtain. Oh well...that's my life.


No comments: