Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine Cards - Perfect for a Small Gift



Isn't Lil' Sis cute?
Like her barrette?
I made a bunch of these for her dance class.
She's giving them to the girls for Valentine's Day.
There are two boys in her class. 
So we made dinosaurs for their zippers.


You can find the tutorial for the barrette at purlbee.
They have a lot of great tutorials there. 


I sort of made the dinosaur up.
I couldn't find a tutorial anywhere, 
but I had seen them around the web.
I sketched out the shape I wanted and made my template.
I traced the template onto two pieces of light green felt. 
I placed the dark green spikes in between the two pieces of light green that make up the body.
I stitched around with embroidery floss 
leaving a small opening at the end.
I squeezed a little stuffing in and closed up the opening.

To attach the clip for the zipper I used the floss again.
I looped it through the clip and tied the threads into a large knot.
I'd say I used about 2" of thread for this.
I sewed about 1/4" of the end to the back of the dino, 
leaving the knot at the bottom to keep it secure.

Sorry my directions are rough. 
I have to remember to take pictures of the process.
I actually put these together at my daughter's volleyball clinic and I didn't have my camera with me.
Not a good planner am I?

Below is the link for the Valentine Cards.


Lil' Sis is excited to give these to the kids in her class. 
We are finishing up the big flower for her teacher tonight.
I'll try to post a picture of that...I just need to figure out how I am going to make it.




No comments: