Monday, October 25, 2010

Creative Tractor Cake






This is a cake that I made for my number one nephew. The boy loves tractors. The cake itself was made from a tractor cake pan. A few days before I acutally made the cake I went ahead and molded the wheels, the window and the engine in the cake pan itself with candy melts. I knew I could never replicate the tires or the windows with the star tip or any other tip for that matter. I enjoy working with chocolate or candy melts. Whenever I make any sort of cake or cupcake I always immediately think of how I can incorporate it into my design.


The cupcakes were pretty easy. The cute little lambs are made with mini-marshmallows. The other animals were piped using a number 2 tip.

The trailer was just a slice of cake that I poured melted candy melts over. The wheels are mini-cupcakes with melted candy melts as well.

I doubt I will ever be able to top this cake for my number one nephew. You bet I'll keep trying though.

1 comment:

Mama T said...

This is so cute! How did you 1) get the candy melt pieces out of the pan successfully, and 2) get the candy melt pieces to fit on top of the cake since using the same mold would make them the same sizes? I'd love to hear your tips. Thanks!