Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Writing Prompts

Sorry this is kind of long. 
Make sure to read all the way to the bottom for an awesome Freebie!

One of my daughters favorite school activities is journaling.
Is journaling a word? Hope so. I use it a lot. 
Throughout the year she spent a lot of time working on this.
I do believe her favorite part is drawing a picture and then writing about the picture she drew.
This summer I decided to really work with her on this.
Her imagination soars when she is able to draw her own picture then write about it.
It is a great way for her to practice sounding out words.
Journaling also helps with spelling, grammar, writing, and creativity.
I love anything that encourages my kiddos to be creative!

Here is a list of some ideas or writing prompts to encourage journaling.

Who is your best friend?
What is your favorite animal?
What is your favorite summer activity?
Tell me about your family.
Tell me about your pet.
Why do you like living in your neighborhood?
Describe your house.
What is your favorite sport?
What is your favorite thing about your bedroom?
What is your favorite family activity.
Describe your favorite food.

We use anything we can find to journal in.
Our Dollar Tree has the lined paper that is perfect for her age group.
The pads of lined paper are $1.00 each.
You can't beat that. 

I have also ordered the Draw and Write Children's Journal from Lakeshore Learning.
I love this journal because the pages are a nice thick paper. 
My daugther likes to keep this in the van and draws with her markers everywhere we go.
The markers don't bleed through the paper.
Score!
Driving in the car will sometimes provide me with more ideas for writing prompts. 
We might say why is wearing your seatbelt important? 
Why do we stop at red lights?
What is your favorite movie to watch in the van?
Where is your favorite place to visit with your family?
You can find the notebooks on Amazon. 
(Sorry, shameless plug for my affiliate account. Don't hate. I'm trying to save for a fun gift for my family)
They are also available on the LakeShore Learning website. 

One Last Thing: Freebie Alert!
 
I found a blog today on Pinterest called Krazee 4 Kindergarten. 
She sells a ton a great printables on Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook.
You can currently find a FREE printable that includes 50 Writing Prompts.
They include a space for drawing a picture and lined paper below the picture box.
Some of the awesome topics are:
If I were a rockstar
If I were a baker
If I were a ZooKeeper
You can find the link by clicking below:
Visit her blog too. She has a ton of freebies and great ideas for kindergartners.
Reading her blog makes me wish she was in my school district! 

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if you would share any writing prompts in the comments. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is ready -

Plus, making money online using it is as simple as 1-2-3!

Follow the steps below to make money...

STEP 1. Choose affiliate products you want to push
STEP 2. Add some PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system grow your list and up-sell your affiliate products on it's own!

So, do you want to start making money??

Click here to activate the system