Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kids Lunches

Lil' Sis is starting kindergarten this fall.
For some reason this sent me into a panic thinking about her trying to manage lunch.
First of all she is SUPER picky.
Second I wasn't sure she could open containers.
We've been practicing lunches with the babysitter.
I thought I would share some of the lunches.

I found these ziplock divided containers.
Apparently they are super hard to find.
I may have gone overboard and ordered 20 of them at
www.drugstore.com. Here's the link to the product.
I see they are now out of stock. Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon.
I know some people use the Easy Lunch Boxes which look very similar. 

Above are two lunches.
One is Lil' Bros and the other is Lil' Sis'. 
Bro's has a bologna ( I just sang the oscar meyer jingle in my head to spell that) sandwich on whole wheat bread cut into the shape of a pumpkin. 
You can find the cutter set on Amazon.
Bro's lunch also includes red grapes, graham crackers, fish crackers, pretzels and some leftover spaghetti noodles. 
Lil' Sis' lunch has a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich cut into a butterfly and cat shape. I cut both from the same sandwich. The butterfly is a pat of the set I mentioned above. The cat cutter I picked up at a local craft store for 50 cents. 
Sis' has cantaloupe instead of grapes, because most days she pretends not to like grapes. 

The eyes and nose on her kitty sandwich are sprinkles. 


These lunches are about the same as the above lunches. Bro has a cutie peeled and sectioned.
I also cut up some left over pizza into bit size pieces.
For their dessert today they received one cookie and some craisins that are tucked into the corner.

I should note that my kids do not mind cold food. They will eat noodles, pizza, rice, whatever cold. 
The cookie cutters I used above are a unicorn, heart, and a stegosaurus.
Sprinkles make up the eyes. 

In case you were wondering what I do with the extra bread.
Well I try to use as much as posslbe. Sometimes that means the point of something gets cut off, or a foot of a bear is left behind. I like to save my extra pieces to make homemade croutons. 
Sometimes if I'm feeling lazy, the dog gets herself a nice snack.
She loves bread and can hear me open the bag from a mile away.

I am working on adding more veggies to their lunches.
They aren't big veggies eaters, so this will be a challenge.
If anyone has suggestions I am totally open. 

Products I use frequently.








2 comments:

Blog27999 said...

Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is waiting -

And getting it running is as simple as 1-2-3!

Here's how it works...

STEP 1. Input into the system which affiliate products the system will push
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and up-sell your affiliate products all for you!

So, do you want to start making money???

Get the full details here

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is ready -

Plus, making money with it is as simple as 1-2-3!

This is how it works...

STEP 1. Input into the system what affiliate products you want to promote
STEP 2. Add some PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (this LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products all for you!

Are you ready??

Click here to check it out