Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lessons for Tweens!

Lessons for Tweens.
No, not the kind of lessons I make here.
Life lessons!

Meet Big Sis.
She is 12...turning 13 this October.
Honestly the thought of having a 13 year old in my house is kind of frightening.
Well...mostly because it makes me feel old.

Let me tell you a little about my beautiful girl.
The most important thing about her is that she is JUST like her mother.
This probably isn't a good thing.

Big Sis loves to be involved in everything possible.
She loves to text her friends even when swinging.

She loves to play volleyball, sleep-in, her American Girl Dolls, being girly, artsy stuff, crafty stuff, 4H, acting, dance, I could go on all day about everything she loves to do.

Big Sis has learned some tough lessons over the past year. 
The bottom line is that she likes to put things off and wait until the last minute to get things done.
Sometimes with very little effort. 
So my favorite quote to say to her is:
This is so true isn't it? 
This is her new motto. 
Mine too for that matter.

So the point of my post is that Big Sis' has learned that things don't always come easy.
Sometimes you have to work hard to get what you want!
The good thing about Big Sis is that she isn't a quitter.
She just keeps trying!
I love that about her.

What's your favorite thing to say to your kids when they start complaining about not getting what they want?

P.S.
No I didn't lie about not posting on the weekends.
I wrote this a couple of weeks ago and decided to schedule it for this Sunday.
I am probably on my way back from a Kidd Rock concert right now.
That's right.
This momma likes to rock it out.
I'm such a dork.
Happy Sunday!

No comments: