Monday, April 11, 2011

Christening Cake



This weekend I made a cake for my baby niece's Christening.
I made this cake using three 9 x 13 cakes.
The main part of the body is 2 cakes.
The sleeves and the top bodice are 1 cake.
Like my terrible picture?
The battery for my "good" camera was dead. 
So I took this with my blackberry.
Anyone else own a blackberry?
They take terrible pictures.
So I sent my husband out for a new battery 
and took this picture of the finished cake.

This is the first cake I've made using fondant. 
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use.
Any cake makers out there afraid of the stuff?
Don't be. 

As someone who takes pride in the taste of my cakes, I have always had an issue with fondant, because in my experience the taste isn't all that great. 
So I made sure to include a thick layer of buttercream.
I filled the cake with my cinnamon cream cheese filling.
It was so delicious that I thought I would share the recipe.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling
Make sure all your ingrediants are room temperature.
2 blocks of cream cheese
2 sticks of butter
That's right, this is good and healthy.
Cream the two together until fluffy.
Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
Beat some more.
Add 4.5 full cups of powdered sugar, one cup at a time. 
Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to your last cup of powdered sugar and add to the mixture.
Mix good and resist the urge to eat it with a spoon.
This makes a lot. 
You could easily cut this recipe in half. 

Be sure to check out my other cakes here:

You can find this cake posted here:




2 comments:

theaglover said...

my mom said to open a shop uptown ^-^ ~liv~

theaglover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.